As real estate investors, many of us wonder where else we can invest capital that puts our money to work for us. Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) are a great alternative investment strategy that could be an excellent option for you.
InvestPlus REIT Founder & President Domenic Mandato – a highly experienced investor and long-time REIN member – recently met with REIN CEO Patrick Francey & CGO JG Francoeur to discuss how REITs work, what you need to do and more.
Take a sneak peak at their discussion:
- If you have a REIT, you must have the ability to redeem investors.
- REITs are a tax-efficient way to invest because they allow investors to recuperate some of their initial principal without having to pay taxes. They provide the ability to offset the operating costs of a building and flow them to the investor.
- A REIT can accept registered funds.
- A REIT requires a board of trustees, which means you have a group of people who are there to monitor what’s in the best interest of the investors.
- REITs require that 90% of all distributable cash is given to the investors.
If you want to learn more, watch the full video now!
Our upcoming Real Estate Strategies, Opportunities & Solutions Calgary event on March 1-3 is focused on tightening up your investment strategies for optimum profitability. Domenic will be a guest speaker at the event, where he will dive even deeper into REITs and deliver detailed answers to all your questions.
Click here to register for Real Estate Strategies, Opportunities & Solutions Calgary!